Reedy Creek Waste & Recycling Centre
Please note: This facility is for residential customers and is a separate site to the Reedy Creek Commercial Landfill.
61 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
An exciting new recycling experience is now available at the Reedy Creek Waste and Recycling Centre. Recycle Street will make recycling easier as part of the City's ongoing commitment to improve the Gold Coast's environmental footprint.
This community waste and recycling centre is open every day, Monday to Sunday, between 7am and 4.50pm, except for the dates below.
The City's waste management facilities experience peak demand between 10am and 2pm. Avoid delays by timing your visit outside these times.
This centre is closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday.
Reedy Creek Commercial Landfill is closed on all public holidays.
Vehicle weighing and registration service opening hours
The vehicle weighing and registration service is only available at the Reedy Creek Waste and Recycling Centre from Monday to Friday. This service is no longer available at the Molendinar Waste and Recycling Centre.
Phone: 07 5667 5976 from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Reedy Creek Recycle Market opening hours
Reedy Creek Recycle Market (tip shop) is located at this community waste and recycling centre. It is operated for the City by the Endeavour Foundation and has its own opening hours. Please visit our Reedy Creek Recycle Market page for more information.
The Reedy Creek Waste and Recycling Centre accepts general waste and recycles the following items:
- car batteries (lead acid)
- charity donation bins
- comingled recyclables (yellow top bins) – aluminium cans, paper, plastic and glass bottles
- commercial waste* (small vehicle loads)
- commercial green organics*
- concrete (small loads only)
- cooking oil (up to 20 litres)
- domestic green organics
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- gas bottles – empty (up to 9 kilograms)
- motor oil
- paint (only eligible Paintback scheme products)
- scrap metal
- soil and clean fill (road base and clay base only - small domestic loads only)
- whitegoods (degassing available).
*Chargeable waste – fees apply.