You need a licence from us to undertake hot air ballooning operations that launch or land on private property or Council parks.
Hot air balloon licences are valid until 31 August each year and are renewed annually. Fees apply. For more information visit Permits & licensing renewals.
Launching and/or landing of hot air balloons is restricted to the following parks (subject to change):
- Firth Park, Mudgeeraba
- Frank Chaston Sporting Field, Gilston
- Pizzey Park, Miami (avoiding southern boundaries of park adjacent to residential development)
- Little Clagiraba Park, Clagiraba
- Ballybunion Park, Napper Road Parkwood
- Broadwater Parklands (southern end)
- Albert Park, Broadbeach Waters
- Ned Twohill Equestrian Park, Southport
- Cos Zantiotis Park, Labrador
- Runaway Bay Sports Precinct
- Riverstone Crossing Sports Park, Upper Coomera
- Glennon Park, Nerang (only when prevailing winds results in a north or east direction of flight)
- Sir Bruce Small Park, Benowa.
For more information, contact our City Standards team on 07 5667 5987.
Complying with regulations
You and your staff are responsible for complying with all requirements of the relevant legislation. Refer to Related information.
How to apply
Use this form to apply for a hot air balloon licence. Fees apply. Refer to the application form or the Register of fees and charges.