You need a licence from us to undertake temporary aircraft operations (e.g. helicopter landing/take-off) within the City of Gold Coast, including operation of the following aircraft:
- hot air balloon*
- dirigible (blimp)
- any form of craft capable of carrying at least one person while in the air.
*Visit the hot air balloon licence page for information and a separate licence application form.
You don't need a licence from us:
- if the aircraft operations are undertaken at an airport or public aerodrome
- when the aircraft operation is providing rescue, medical treatment or a fire fighting service
- when the landing of the aircraft is a result of a medical or other emergency on board the aircraft
- when the aircraft operation is not a temporary use.
For more information, contact our City Standards team on 07 5667 5987.
Apply for an aircraft operations licence
Use this form to apply for an aircraft operations licence. You must specify the purpose of your aircraft operation in your application. Fees may apply. Refer to the application form or the Register of fees and charges.