Coombabah Sewage Treatment Plant Stage 6 Upgrade
- Project typeSewer
- Project value$150 million
- Project scheduleJuly 2020–June 2022
The City is upgrading the Coombabah Sewerage Treatment Plant. This will increase the plant's capacity to handle the region's expected growth over the next 10 years.
These works will use the existing plant process technology and include:
- new Preliminary Treatment Facilities (PTF)
- bioreactors and secondary clarifiers
- disinfection system
- waste sludge thickening and dewatering
- associated ancillary and support facilities.
Work hours will be from 6.30am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday, with limited weekend and night works as needed.
General construction noise may be experienced close to the site.
There will also be changes to traffic and parking arrangement, including:
- temporary changes to the car park along the northern side of Shelter Road, near the plant's entrance
- reconfiguring parking along Shelter Road, with temporary parking arrangements put in place
- reduced speed limits on Shelter Road for the duration of the project
- some noise and dust caused by significant heavy vehicle movements on Brisbane Road and Shelter Road.
Traffic control will be in place while these works are underway. When driving in the area, please slow down and follow traffic management signs and speed restrictions.
Benefits to the community
This upgrade will increase the capacity of the plant to ensure it can handle the expected growth within the City to at least 2032.
428 Pine Ridge Road, Coombabah 4216
View map and directions on Google