This policy advises of the rebates (rate and water donations and development application discounts) available for approved not-for-profit organisations:
- community protection
- assistance or encouragement for the arts or cultural development
- educational, training or information services
- health or community services, including facilities for aged persons and persons with disabilities
- sporting and recreational activities
- religious services, including places of public worship and associated facilities
- charitable services such as relief of poverty or sickness or the needs of the aged
- or the advancement of social and community welfare, including without limitation, the care, support and protection of children and young people, including the provision of child care services.
An entity is taken to be non-profit only if:
- it is not carried on for the profit or gain of particular persons; and
- it is prevented, either by its constituent documents or by operation of law, from distributing its assets for the benefit of particular persons either while it is operating or upon winding up.